I dove right into pillow making last week. Literally. I'm still cleaning up feathers.
I am loving this shade of pink and really like the way it works with the white upholstery.
I wanted to tone down the fancy, shiny fabrics with ticking and burlap, but despite my effort to use plain blue ticking, it just didn't work so I used brown ticking to make a cover with ties to go over this burlap covered pillow. I made this pillow out of "down alternative" and it works nicely, but it's just not the same feel as down.
Since the pink is so strong, I used more neutrals on the chaise lounge.
I made this burlap-cover pillow insert and added a linen-look upholstery cover with ties. I love this look because I can change it out really easily.
I took a strip of ticking fabric and added it to this pillow made from drop cloth fabric. I cut the fabric where I wanted to insert the ticking, then sewed it on both sides, pressing down the seams with a steam iron so they are nice and flat.
The new French chair also has a feather pillow. It is so comfy, it has become my morning coffee spot.
I still want to make a down-filled seat cushion for this Duncan Phyfe chair out of brown ticking, but will need more fabric.
That's pretty much all I got done in this room last week.
It was definitely worth the mess. I think. And it was a really, big mess.
Thanks for stopping by:-)
I'll be joining: