Join me as I embrace and share truly authentic American country style by reclaiming the past...my family's past. Come along as I make my house a home on a $0 budget with reclaimed, repurposed, recycled and found treasures all out of my grandparent's old house, local junk shops and my parent's attic. And since we have to eat too, I'll sprinkle in some gardening, country recipes, and a whole lot of southern hospitality.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hazel Atlas Pink Crinoline!

Hi, and welcome to my contribution to "Tablescape Thursday" hosted so graciously by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch.

It's hard to believe it is Thursday again. Luckily, I have been inspired by some lovely old dishes in my china cabinet. What better for winter, and more winter, than pink! I am not normally a "pink" person, but I just love these vintage dishes. Hopefully, these pretty pink dishes will bring a smile to those of you with never-ending snow:-)


These dishes belonged to my great-great uncle on my mother's side and some came from my father's grandmother. They were made by the Hazel-Atlas Glass Company, which you can read about HERE. The pattern is "pink crinoline" and also comes in blue. 


One *must* use doilies with these, don't you think? I love these beaded handles.


What better for a winter day than sunny pink hydrangeas!


My mom gave me this pitcher last Christmas, and it fits in so perfectly!


How lucky was I to find these vintage linen placemats in my collection?


Since I only have three bowls, I used two pink crinoline and two pink Hocking "Old Colony" depression glass bowls.


Of course, I must have something by Minton, so this bowl was perfect for the flowers!


These vintage candle holders are from the 1970s. I love the green with this shade of pink.




I did have to borrow these vintage napkins from my mom. They really are exquisite.


The flatware is Oneida "Meadowbrook" silverplate. I love how the vines coordinate with the placemats.










I hope this "happy" pink crinoline has brought some sunshine to some snowy days!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love getting to see the beautiful tables you so lovingly put together and reading your comments.

Anita


Pink dishes: Hazel-Atlas "pink crinoline"
Clear pink bowls: Hocking "Old Colony"
Flatware: Oneida "Meadowbrook"
Crystal: American stemware
Bowl: Minton bone china
Napkins and placemats: vintage from our family collection


27 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the pink crinoline... the ruffles, the beading, simply beautiful.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  2. This table is absolutely beautiful! I love the dishes and have seen photos in books but your table setting showing them just makes me drool! Love how you accessorized and wow, it is just so pretty! Sigh...so many dishes so little room in my house. thanks for showing these to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely LOVE these dishes, what a treasure you have, Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pink just popped off the page! I loved the dishes and the hydrangeas! Thanks for sharing!
    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a pink person and this is just gorgeous! Those dishes and the beaded handles and the, well, the everything is so pretty.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am a pink person too and this table setting is absolutely my style. So easy, simple yet so ELEGANT.

    Perfect for a simple dinner for a simple family. Not too much frills and hush-hush...

    Thanks a mill for sharing.
    Greetings from a snowy Stockholm.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. How neat is that to have pretty pink vintage dishes? They look really nice on your table, and the pitcher your Mom gave you is sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous job using mixed pieces- very charming - and yes- pink does bring a smile to my face as we wind down (hopefully) winter. So glad you have an appreciation for vintage items and actually use them. like the touch of green the candleholders add to the setting-makes me think of tulips and daffodils coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pink crinoline plates are gorgeous! Your whole table is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anita....this is the prettiest tablescape I've seen today! Very simple and yet, elegant. I would feel very horored to sit at this table for a meal :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your vintage dishes are just lovely, Anita! I love the ruffle on the plates and I also love your depression glass. What beautiful treasures you have!

    Have a happy day!

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pink china is sooo delicate looking. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lucky you are to have such pretty pink dishes. Lovely table.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now I believe that spring will eventually come our way!! Your crinoline title caught my eye (I wore crinolines when I was a little girl) and the pink curly dishes from your family indeed did look like the crinolines I remember. Thank you for providing a peek at pink hope! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your tablescape. So beautiful. Come by and watch our vlog version. Have a great day. Holly:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely setting! I love the adorable color and the dishes, so dainty and feminine...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Anita, another one of your beautiful table settings. I love all the pink and white. So springy. I will have to do a table sometime. No time this week. Come by sometime...Kim

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Anita!! What a beautiful pink table you've set. Those olden dishes are so pretty. I love your pitcher you mom gave you and your centerpiece bowl is so charming! Love the vintage looking placemats! Oh, I just love it all! Your table has made me happy and reminds me that springness is coming!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your table is very lovely indeed. I absolutely <3 your pink crinoline.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like your tablescape! Beautiful dishes!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes, Anita, my dishes are Wedgewood -- Queen's Shape. Interesting that you "left yours behind." I actually TRADED to get these. I gave Sister my fine china from another life (she chose the same china that I had) and she gave me her everyday dishes - the Wedgewood. I tend to like very simple and classic dishes, and I have found that these serve me very well throughout the year - dressed up or down.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely! What a beautiful color, so soft and delicate!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anita, I LOVE your beautiful, ruffly, PINK table! I sure wish I had gotten something from my Grandmother.... you have some beautiful things!!! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  24. i love this it put a big smile on my face i just love vintage and the pink is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I DO love those crinoline dishes! I once came across an entire set -- for 12! -- for the pittance of $40. Why, oh why I didn't buy these I'll never know. Well, I sort of know . . . they were blue and I was a pink devotee'. These days, I'm much more open minded.

    Your tablescape is just beautiful. A lady would feel positively pretty sitting at a table like this. I have about 10 saucers (in pink) that I just love. I love how they look all stacked up, like a petticoat. I keep the stack on my stovetop to serve as a spoonrest. When it gets dirty, I take it off and underneath is a new, clean one just waiting. :)

    Thanks so much for visiting me and for alerting me to such prettiness.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anita, I am blissfully traveling through your blog.....can't get enough. You have so many lovely things, treasures really, so carefully and lovingly kept in your home. These dishes would be perfect for a spring tea. Blessings to you and your family. xo,

    ReplyDelete