Join me as I embrace and share truly authentic American country style by reclaiming the past...my family's past. Come along as I make my house a home on a $0 budget with reclaimed, repurposed, recycled and found treasures all out of my grandparent's old house, local junk shops and my parent's attic. And since we have to eat too, I'll sprinkle in some gardening, country recipes, and a whole lot of southern hospitality.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Apple Cake


NOTE: I updated this recipe in 2013.
Click HERE for the updated version:-)


7 comments:

  1. The pound cake sounds delicious, Anita, but anything would taste good on that fabulous fork! Oh, it's gorgeous. I love antique sterling. There is just nothing better... well, maybe antique china! ;-)

    Happy Foodie Friday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The apple pound cake looks wonderful. I love the recipe, it sounds easy and I really love that cake server, it is just beautiful..thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth is watering! I LOVE apple cake & your recipe looks to be a wee big healthier than the one I've made for years. I can't wait to try it.

    I've substituted applesauce for part of the oil in my recipe & that works for moistness.

    AWESOME antique sterling!! I am soooo jealous! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this cake looks WONDERFUL and so pretty are your serving pieces!

    Blessings!

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does look wonderful. Thanks for sharing the recipe with us. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks wonderful....Pound cake is my husbands favorite....thanks for sharing... I have a great giveaway on both my blogs that will be given away this weekend....and all you have to do is comment.......so hope you will stop by.
    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost can taste the cinnamony apple pound cake! Your sideboard is beautiful, love all the antique sterling pieces. Blessings to you and yours. xo,

    ReplyDelete